NZEI Te Riu Roa & Te Rito Maioha Pay Equity Process
Information for interested participants: Work Assessment
As part of the settlement of the Early Childhood Education of Aotearoa New Zealand Collective Agreement (ECECA) 2018, we have agreed to work together through a pay equity process based on the government endorsed pay equity principles.
Next Step: Work Assessment
The pay equity process involves a work assessment. A work assessment is a process where we collect information about the skills, responsibilities, effort and conditions of your job. In the pay equity context a work assessment fully recognises the skills and knowledge that are commonly overlooked or undervalued in work predominantly done by women.
We need to conduct in-depth interviews with teachers in all the roles covered by the ECECA.
- Interviews will be scheduled for September.
- Preferably your employer will release you to do the interview, however we have some funding to cover relievers for teacher release if necessary.
- The interviews will last 1 - 1.5 hours and will be done face to face or via a video calling service.
- You will be interviewed by a trained interviewer. Another trained person will be present to take notes.
- You will be sent the notes after the interview to check they are correct.
- A summary of your work may also be prepared for you to check.
We may ask you to have your picture taken and for you to share a little about yourself and your work for NZEI Te Riu Roa social media. You can decline this if you wish.
All information will be kept confidential to the authorised representatives of Te Rito Maioha and NZEI Te Riu Roa, the interviewer and the scribe. The information will be analysed using the Equal Pay Job Evaluation Tool and be compared against male dominated comparator groups in a process towards agreeing a pay equity rate.
Non-identifying aggregated information may be shared with the Ministry of Education to inform them of the results of the process.
If you would like more information please contact Fran Renton, Pay Equity Advocate, NZEI Te Riu Roa firstname.lastname@example.org 04 382 2736