Inclusive Communities through Education Summit: May 2017
As part of our organisational move to work together on inclusion as a quality public education issue, in May 2017 NZEI Te Riu Roa hosted the Inclusive Communities through Education summit. The summit was for members, disabled people, families and others to come together and talk about how we can make education inclusive.
This question was central to the event: How can we make sure resources are there for every child and young person in every educational setting?
200 people participated, and the summit included key note addresses from Professor Roger Slee from the University of South Australia and Therese Ford from the University of Waikato.
- Developing Mathematical Inquiry Communities and inclusive practices: Helen Collins (PDF, 2 MB)
- He waka eke noa: A case study of active participation for a disabled child in an inclusive early childhood community of practice: Kate McAnelly (PDF, 930 KB)
- Inclusive Communities through Education - what we need to grow understanding and relationships: Roger Slee (PDF, 3 MB)
- What we need to grow understandings and relationships: Taking the ‘next step’ towards Equity, Excellence and Belonging: Therese Ford (PDF, 2 MB)
- Working Better Together: Louise Doyle and Trudi Brocas (PDF, 1 MB)
- Images of the Future (PDF, 950 KB)