Members of NZEI Te Riu Roa campaign for the things that make a real difference for New Zealand's children.
We always have campaigns happening. Here are our two main campaigns at the moment.
Kua Tae Te Wā is the campaign for primary teachers and principals.
Fairs Fair, Māna Taurite is the campaign for pay equity. This campaign is currently focussed on: early childhood educators, support staff, and teacher aides.
Together we are stronger
Our union is our members. NZEI Te Riu Roa relies on members getting involved.
There are many ways you can get involved:
- Your worksite. You can support your worksite representative and get involved in local actions to create change. If you don't know who your worksite representative is, either ask around or give us a call on 0800 NZEI Help (0800 693 443). You can even become a worksite representative. Worksite representatives are appointed towards the end of each year for the following year.
- Miro Māori. NZEI Te Riu Roa is a Treaty-based organisation. Miro Māori is the Māori thread of NZEI Te Riu Roa. You can get involved in the Māori strand of the union.
- Area Councils and Branches. These groups are local and regional leaders who arrange and support union activities.
- National Leadership Groups. These groups are leaders on issues relevant to occupational groups, i.e.
Principals' Council, Early Childhood National Caucus, Primary Teachers Leadership Team, Support Staff National Caucus Kaiāwhina Tautoko, Special Education National Reference Group.
- Networks. There are networks for different groups of people within NZEI Te Riu Roa:
Authorised by Paul Goulter, National Secretary
NZEI Te Riu Roa
178 Willis Street