Together we are stronger
Our union is our members. NZEI Te Riu Roa relies on members getting involved.
There are many ways you can get involved:
- Your worksite. You can support your worksite representative and get involved in local actions to create change. If you don't know who your worksite representative is, either ask around or give us a call on 0800 NZEI Help (0800 693 443). You can even become a worksite representative. Worksite representatives are appointed towards the end of each year for the following year.
- Miro Māori. NZEI Te Riu Roa is a Treaty-based organisaion. See below for more information, and to get involved in the Māori strand of the union.
- Area councils and branches. See below.
- National Leadership Groups. These groups are leaders on issues relevant to occupational groups, i.e.
Principals' Council, Early Childhood National Caucus, Primary Teachers Leadership Team, Support Staff National Caucus Kaiāwhina Tautok, Special Education National Reference Group.
- Networks. There are networks for different groups of people within NZEI Te Riu Roa:
Members of NZEI Te Riu Roa campaign for the things that make a real difference for New Zealand's children.
We always have campaigns happening. Here are our two main campaigns at the moment.
Kua Tae Te Wā is the campaign for primary teachers and principals.
Fairs Fair, Māna Taurite is the campaign for pay equity. This campaign is currently focussed on: early childhood educators, support staff, and teacher aides.
Find your local Aronui Tōuma, Branch or Komiti Pasifika
Connect to other members near you today.
If you are Māori you can choose between joining the branch or the Aronui Tomua.
This is how the Māori thread of NZEI Te Riu Roa works.
Authorised by Paul Goulter, National Secretary
NZEI Te Riu Roa
178 Willis Street